Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Finally my boss read my K99 proposal and gave me a feedback.

It's been almost 3 weeks since I gave my K99 proposal to my boss. I almost gave up to submit my K99 for a due date of June 12. But today my boss came to my bay and we finally sat and talked about my K99.

Well, in Japanese, I believe I am 褒められて伸びるタイプ.
In Japan, we usually say there are two types of kids who 褒められて伸びるタイプ and who 叱られて伸びるタイプ.
褒められて伸びるタイプ is kids who need to be praised.
叱られて伸びるタイプ is kids who need to be jawed. I'm not sure those English words are right ones or not.

Anyway, I kind of wanted him to say "well done" or "this is good", and then he could have said "but here, you need to ..." But instead, he only gave me serious comments. You can easily guess how I'm feeling now.

The due date is June 12. I have a little bit more than 2 weeks to fix my K99 proposal.

Here is a newer guideline for K99/R00.
http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PA-11-197.html


Good luck to us.

Dr. R

3 comments:

  1. You're so patient to wait for him to come to you! If it were me, I'd be standing in his doorway every other day, clearing my throat, 'ahem! ahem!' and tapping my foot until he got the picture.

    It's funny you said 'jawed' - it sounds like your boss put your head in his mouth and was chewing on it, lol. :) I guess the English word for 叱られる might be 'reprimanded'.

    We have two weeks! Plenty of time! We can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny, Amy. I guess I need to fix my blog about 叱る, but I'm busy today so I will just leave it as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you dare fix your English, I love it the way it is. ♪♫

    ReplyDelete